Glaucoma can be treated with medicine (eye drops, pills), glaucoma laser surgery, traditional glaucoma incisional surgery or a combination of these methods. Glaucoma treatments are designed to decrease elevated intraocular (inside the eye) pressure (IOP), which can damage the optic nerve that transmits visual information to the brain. Our goal is to prevent vision loss from glaucoma, which is irreversible.
Please click on the links below to review the following articles on the treatment for glaucoma.
Treatment for Glaucoma
Medical Treatment for Glaucoma
Laser Treatment for Glaucoma
- Micropulse Laser Treatments for Glaucoma
- Laser Iridotomy for Glaucoma
- Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty for Glaucoma
- Diode Cyclophotocoagulation (CPC)
Surgical Treatment for Glaucoma
- Incisional Glaucoma Surgery
- Glaucoma Drainage Implant Surgery
- Glaucoma Filtration Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
- Canaloplasty Glaucoma Surgery
- Trabectome® Minimally-invasive Glaucoma Surgery
- Cataract Surgery and Glaucoma
- Endocyclophotocoagulation (ECP)
Please contact the Glaucoma Associates of Texas if you have questions about the treatment for glaucoma.